September 2, 2012

My friend Clay

I have a Canadian friend named Clay from my time Tel Aviv University.
We both lived in the dorms last fall, and he was also in my program.
Clay showed up in random places, all the time.

Once, I got on a bus I'd never taken before in Tel Aviv. 
Clay got on at the stop after me.

Another time, I turned down a street in Tel Aviv I'd never been on before.
Clay walked by.

One time I was giving my friend Joel a piggy back ride over some puddles after a rainstorm.
I heard someone chuckling behind us...Clay, duh. He told us he'd just saved an old lady in the street.

Yesterday I was in my parents' house in Pennsylvania sorting through old clothes.
Truth. Clay rang the doorbell. 

So, here is a collection of photos from this year where Clay is doing what Clay does best- 
hangin' around.









Okay, Clay isn't in this one, but this was his housewarming gift- a broken vase and flowers he found on the street. Vintage Clay.

Clay is on the left with the long hair.

On the right kinda behind the plaid umbrella.

Top right, grey shirt, black sunglasses- cool as a cucumber.

Yesterday.
Note the rays given off by his heavenly aura (which can only be seen by smartphones and pure souls, like babies and puppies).


Dear Clayton-

Thank you for stopping by! It was great to see you. I still don't understand how you found my parents' house. Kol hakavod. Well played. I hope you have fun at the 24-hour Wal-Mart.

Jenna

No comments: